How to Watch YouTube on Smart TV. YouTube is available on smart TVs. This allows you to view YouTube without using cables. What if your TV doesn’t have a smart feature? You can convert your TV into a smart TV by using an external streaming device such as a Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick. This will allow you to watch YouTube from the comforts of your sofa. This article will show you the best ways to watch YouTube from your TV.
|Keywords According to Semrush shows||Volume||KD %|
|how to access youtube on smart tv||40||65|
|how can i watch youtube on my smart tv||20||65|
|how do i get youtube on my smart tv||210||66|
|how do i use youtube on my smart tv||30||64|
|how to get youtube on your smart tv|
Method1: Using a Smart TV/Gaming Console
- This is your decision. Are you able to control your TV remotely to access apps such as Netflix and Hulu from your modern smart TV? Do you own a modern gaming console, such as a Wii U, Nintendo Switch or PlayStation 3 or 4? Xbox One? Xbox 360? You can watch YouTube with the official app on your device if either of these are true. You will need an external device to view YouTube if your TV is not connected to the internet. Check out Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Or Roku. Instead,
- YouTube is preinstalled on most modern Samsung, LG and Sony smart TVs. You will have YouTube preinstalled on your Android TV if it is an Android TV.
- For more information on your TV, check out the Roku and Amazon Fire TV methods.
- Choose the YouTube app to be displayed on your TV. On your TV’s or gaming consoles’ app screen, look for the red-and white YouTube icon with a triangle in white. You will be taken to the Sign In screen when you open the app.
- The app must be downloaded from the app store on your TV or gaming console. You can also download YouTube from the PlayStation Store app if you own a PlayStation 4
- Register to YouTube: This will allow you to save your favorites and access them all. You can sign in using one of the three options shown on the screen. They may differ depending on your device.
- To sign in, select Sign in with your mobile phone or tablet. Open the YouTube app on your tablet or phone and follow the instructions to sign in.
- To log in to your Google account, select from the menu.
- Select To use the browser on any computer or phone connected to the same Wi Fi network as your TV, select To confirm, visit https://youtube.com/activate and enter the code shown on the TV.
- 4Watch videos: Once you have signed in, use the remote control or game controller on your smart TV to choose a video. The same remote control can be used to pause, skip and browse other videos.
Method 2: Using a Chromecast
- Chromecast may be right for you. Chromecast is one way to stream YouTube to your TV. Chromecast doesn’t require a smart TV. You can plug in a small device to an HDMI port on your TV, and you can stream YouTube from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. You will need the following:
- An HDMI-enabled TV.
- Google Chromecasts typically cost around $30 USD.
- Wireless internet at your home. Chromecast must be used with the Chromecast device and Chromecast device.
- An Android, iPhone or iPad equipped with the YouTube app. Install the Google Chrome browser to stream YouTube videos from your computer.
- How to set up your Chromecast. To get your Chromecast online, you will need to connect it to an HDMI port and power source. How To Use Chromecast has easy-to-follow directions.
- Open YouTube on your tablet or phone. Once your Chromecast has been set up, you can start casting YouTube videos. The app will be found on your home screen as well as in the app list or by searching.
- To cast YouTube from a web browser, use Google Chrome. Navigate to http://www.youtube.com.
- Make sure your Chromecast is connected to your smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Cast icon. It is located at the top right of YouTube and appears as a rectangle with three curving lines in the lower-left corner. YouTube will scan Chromecasts for you to cast to.
- Google Chrome users can click the three dots in the upper-right corner of Chrome to select Cast and start scanning.
- Choose your Chromecast. You may have given it a generic name like “Living Room TV” or entered a more creative name during setup. You’ll be able to see YouTube on your TV screen, whatever its name may be.
- If your Chromecast doesn’t appear to be working, ensure that your device, tablet or phone is connected to the same Wi Fi network as Chromecast. Try opening and closing the app once more, or switching off your TV and turning it back on.
- Watch a video. You can select, pause, play, and search for videos with the YouTube app on your smartphone, tablet, or Google Chrome. This way you can adjust the volume, but usually, you can also control it with your TV’s remote.
Method 3: Using Apple TV
- Turn on your Apple TV to navigate to the home screen. You can watch YouTube videos with your Apple TV as long as it’s a 3rd or 4th generation model. You can see the instructions if you have an Apple TV 1st or Second Generation. Apple AirPlay Method.
- Check out this article by great mentor on How to Install Apple TV for help in installing your Apple TV.
- Open the YouTube app. It’s the icon in red and white that says “YouTube” on your home screen. You will need to download the YouTube app from the App Store if you don’t already have it. Here’s how to do it:
- You can search YouTube by clicking the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner. Type your query. YouTube Enter the search bar.
- From the search results, select YouTube. You should not select “YouTube TV”, as this is a subscription-based YouTube version with many options.
- To confirm, select Get and then Get again. YouTube will be ready when the “Get” button changes to “Open”.
- Register for your YouTube (Google Account).You have three options to sign in.
- To sign in to YouTube on your smartphone or tablet, select Sign in with your mobile phone. After you have selected the option, open the YouTube app. Follow the instructions on screen to confirm.
- To log in, select Sign In on your TV. This is easy to understand: just enter your username, password and log in information as shown on the screen.
- Select To use any browser on any computer or phone connected to the same Wi Fi network as your Apple TV, select To confirm, navigate to http://youtube.com/activate with your web browser.
- Choose a video to begin watching. You can also use the remote control on your Apple TV to select, pause, play, and search YouTube videos.
Method 4: Using Amazon Fire TV
- This is your decision. Amazon Fire TV allows you to easily watch YouTube from your TV, even if it’s not connected to a smart TV. This is how to determine if this is the right option for you.
- Many smart TVs have Fire TV installed already. If you own a TV with an Amazon Fire TV model, check the packaging or search for your model online, this is how to go about it! There is no need to purchase anything.
- You can purchase an Amazon Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Light, or Fire TV Stick 4k if your TV does not have a Fire TV Edition. The Fire TV Stick Lite is the cheapest option, at $30 USD. The Fire TV Stick Lite is a cheaper option than the Chromecast. It comes with its own remote control, and its own interface. This includes pre-installed apps, and access to the Amazon Appstore. It connects to your HDMI port, and you must have Wi-Fi internet.
- Set up and install your Fire TV. You can skip this step if your TV already has Fire TV. You can skip this step if you are setting up a FireStick.
- Connect the Fire TV Stick to an HDMI port on your TV and then plug it into a power source.
- If you haven’t, put batteries in your Fire TV remote.
- Turn on your TV and change the HDMI port’s input.
- If your remote is not paired, hold down the Home button and follow the instructions to pair.
- You can connect your Fire TV Stick with your Wi-Fi network using the remote control. Once connected, you will be able to access the main screen.
- Choose the Select the “>Apps menu. It is located at the top of your screen.
- Choose the YouTube app. Use your remote control’s arrow buttons to scroll to YouTube. It’s at the top. You can select it by pressing the middle button on your remote control.
- Select=”>Get” Select “>Get. After the download is completed, the app will be added in your main app list. The “Get” button will change to “Open”
- Open YouTube. If you’re not in the Appstore, you can choose Open or return to your home screen to find it. An icon will open indicating that you have signed in.
- Register to YouTube. You will need to verify the numeric codes on your TV in order to log in. This can be done using a web browser, on a phone or tablet, or a computer. This is how you do it:
- Navigate to https://www.youtube.com/activate with a web browser You’ll be asked to sign in if you aren’t already signed in.
- Enter the code from your TV and click Next.
- Select To allow access in your browser. The traditional YouTube screen will be displayed on your TV in a matter of seconds.
- When asked to choose a YouTube account, use the remote control.
- Watch videos. Once you have everything set up, use the Amazon Fire TV remote control to navigate to YouTube and choose a YouTube video to watch. You can also use Alexa voice commands like “Alexa fast forward 30 seconds” and “Alexa pause”.
Method 5: Using Apple AirPlay
- This is your best option. This method is not recommended for Apple TV 3rd, 4th and later models. It’s easier to use the Apple TV .Apple TV Method, since all models are compatible with the YouTube app. But, it is possible to upload your own images. AnyIf any of these statements apply to you, AirPlay is the best choice.
- You own an Apple TV of the 1st or second generation, as well as an iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- Although you don’t own an Apple TV, your TV is compatible with AirPlay (and you have an iPhone or iPad). You can check the model of your TV to make sure it supports AirPlay.
- If you own an Apple TV, but aren’t able to or don’t want it, there’s no reason to.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wi Fi network as your TV for AirPlay.
- Open YouTube from your iPhone, iPad or Mac. This is the red-and white app that says “YouTube”. Open Safari on a Mac and navigate to http://www.youtube.com.
- Play a video. Tap or click on a video to play it.
- Click or tap the AirPlay icon or casting icon. YouTube will use this information to find AirPlay-capable devices. This is how it works:
- iPhone or iPad: Tap on the video to open the controls. Next, tap the casting icon (a rectangle containing 3 curving lines at its bottom-left corner). Because YouTube is a Google App, it’s the Google Chromecast icon. To start scanning, choose AirPlay or Bluetooth devices.
- To scan for AirPlay, hover your mouse cursor over the video on a Mac.
- Choose your AirPlay TV or Apple TV.This can be done by clicking on the name of the video or tapping it in the list. This will instantly cast the YouTube video to your TV via AirPlay.
- Your iPhone, iPad or Mac can be used to surf YouTube and control YouTube videos, even while they are projected on your TV. To adjust the volume, you can still use the remote control on your TV.
Method 6: Using Roku
- Turn on your Roku TV, or other device.You can watch YouTube videos on your TV with Roku integrated or a Roku streaming device such as the Roku Express or Premiere.
- Roku streaming devices can be used to transform your TV into a smart TV if it isn’t connected to the internet. Roku streaming devices can be set up quickly and are inexpensive. You can learn more about each Roku model by visiting https://www.roku.com/products/players.
- Click the Home button on the Roku remote control. This is the button that has an icon of a home. This will display your home screen.
- 3Scroll down or up to select. Scroll up or down to select “>Streaming Channels.
- Search YouTube in the “Search Channels” area. To select YouTube, click the OK Button.
- Select Select=”>Add Channel to the YouTube Page”YouTube will now download to your Roku.
- To start the download, you may need to verify your Roku PIN.
- Go back to the home screen, and then open YouTube. You can choose the red-and-white icon in the channel list from the home screen. It will be at the very bottom of the list since it was last installed.
- Register to YouTubeYou’ll see a code numeric on your screen when you open YouTube. You will need to verify the code using a web browser from a computer, tablet, or phone in order to sign in. Here’s how it works:
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/activate in any browser and log in to YouTube/Google.
- In the box below, enter the TV code and click Next.
- Click Allow Access, and wait for YouTube on your TV to open. If you are prompted to choose a YouTube account, please use your Roku remote.
- Choose a video to begin watching. OK To select a video. Enjoy!
- Launch the Web browser on your Smart TV and navigate to YouTube’s official website if you don’t want to activate the YouTube app itself. This is the ideal workaround for individuals who don’t want their Smart TVs linked to their Google Accounts.
- If you don’t want to use any of these methods, you can connect your computer to your TV using an HDMI cable to use your TV as a monitor. This allows you to watch YouTube videos on your television using your computer’s web browser.