The Basics – Start Here
Before we get to the actual list of 597 business ideas, let’s go over how to proceed once you find a business that appeals to you.
Obviously, this short book cannot cover how to get started with 597
different business types. In a few cases, links to helpful resources or an excellent course have been included. For all other cases a simple Google search of “How to become a….” with your business choice will provide you with an abundance of articles, books and Youtube videos that will take you through the next steps.
Once you make your choice, spend a few days reading everything you possibly can about your chosen business option, so you have a thorough understanding of what is required and what it takes to succeed.
Next, you need to write down a basic business plan. Rather than running blindly and hoping for the best, set some clear goals and timelines and adjust along the way as needed.
Start by writing out what your goals are:
– What level of income are you looking for?
– How much time can you invest each week?
– What skills do you need to learn?
– How will you learn them? And how long will it take you?
– Is a financial investment required? If so how much and how will you generate that start-up fund?
– Lay out a time line. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure, just try your best and put something on paper. You can always adjust along the way.
Your progress will be very different when you know exactly where you are going and how you plan to get there, rather than just starting
“somewhere” and hoping it will “somehow” happen.
Keep reviewing that plan each week and make adjustments.
Set reasonable expectations in the beginning and work out a clear action plan on how you can meet those expectations.
For example: if you are aiming for an extra $1000 per month, figure out how many hours of freelance work you will have to perform per month, or how many products you would have to sell each month to reach that number.
Then, break it down per day and you will have a much clearer path to reaching your goal.