Technology Hack. How to Take Screenshot on MAC, How to take screenshots on your Mac, Windows PC, iPhone and Android.
Technology Hack. How to Take Screenshot on MAC. The Macintosh operating system has always made it easy to capture a screenshot. A screenshot is an image of your computer desktop or an active window. Here’s a summary of all the keyboard shortcuts you can use to capture your screen in Mac OS X.
A. Entire screen:
- To capture the entire screen, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop with the filename starting with “Picture” followed by a number, example Picture 1, Picture 2, and so on.
- To copy the entire screen, press Command-Control-Shift-3. The screen shot will be placed on your clipboard for you to paste into another program like PowerPoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
B. Portion of the screen:
- To capture a portion of the screen, press Command-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, the screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop following the same naming convention as explained on the first tip above.
- To copy a portion of the screen to the clipboard, press Command-Control-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, you can paste the screen shot to another application.
C. Specific application window:
- To capture a specific application window, press and hold Command-Shift-4 then tap on the Spacebar. The cursor will change to a camera, and you can move it around the screen. As you move the cursor over an application window, the window will be highlighted. The entire window does not need to be visible for you to capture it. When you have the cursor over a window you want to capture, just click the mouse button and the screen shot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
- To copy a specific application window, press and hold Command-Control-Shift-4 then tap on the Spacebar. The cursor will change to a camera, which you can move around the screen. As you move the cursor over an application window, the window will be highlighted. The entire window does not need to be visible for you to capture it. When you have the cursor over a window you want to capture, just click the mouse button and you can paste the screen shot into another application.
How to take a screenshot in Macbook the simplest
- Step 1: To take a screenshot, you will need three keys from your keyboard. Hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3 and you should be able to capture your full screen.
- Step 2: If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen that means you have successfully taken the screenshot. Along with it you will also be able to hear a ‘photo clicking’ sound.
Courses in our Technologies foundation
- How to Design a Website on your own and make money designing for others
- Video Editing Course
- Complete Digital Marketing Training.
- Affiliate Marketing Course
- Step 3: If you click on the thumbnail at the edge of the screen you will be able to edit the screenshot.
- Step 4: You can also wait for the screenshot to be saved to your desktop before you go ahead to edit it.
How to capture a particular portion of the screen?
- Press and hold these keys together: Shift, Command, and 4
- Drag the crosshair that appears on your screen and select a particular area of your screen to capture it. To move the selection, press and hold the space bar while dragging it.
- You can also the screenshot by hitting the Esc (Escape) key.
- Release your mouse or trackpad button
- If a thumbnail appears in the corner of your screen, click to edit the screenshot.
Where have your screenshots in Macbook air been saved?
By default, screenshots in MacBook air get saved to your desktop with the name ”Screen Shot [date] at [time].png.” However, in macOS Mojave or later, you can change the default location of saved screenshots. You can simply drag the thumbnail to a folder you wish to move it in and drop it. To copy your screenshot to the Clipboard, press and hold the Control key while you are taking the screenshot. You can then paste the screenshot where you want to. Please note that some apps, such as the Apple TV app, might not let you take screenshots of their windows.
Source: Screenshots from Macbook Air & Unsplash
Image Credit: Unsplash
Technology Hack. How to Take Screenshot on MAC, hope this article helps you.